Good afternoon/evening/morning from Sydney, Australia where I’m waiting to board my flight home after a great few days at the Future Schools Expo. A big thank you to everyone that came to see me speak at the expo. And an equally big thank you to everyone that helped this country boy navigate the big city. Of course, none of these opportunities to speak at conferences would be possible without all of you who have helped FreeTech4Teachers.com grow over the years. When I started this blog nearly eight years ago I never imagined that it would take me where it has. Thank you for your support!
Here are this week’s most popular posts:
1. iStoryBooks Now Offers Premium Books for Free to Teachers
2. Canva for Education – Lesson Plans Incorporating Visuals Across the Curriculum
3. Simple Search Strategies Your Students May Be Overlooking
4. Five Common Mistakes Made When Starting a Classroom Blog
5. 5 Free Tools for Creating Whiteboard Videos
6. Text to Speech in Google Earth
7. TinyTap Introduces Challenge Mode for Building Games on iPads and Android Tablets
Registration is open for the spring and summer sections of my popular online courses Getting Going With GAFE and Blogs & Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders. Graduate credits are available for both courses. People who are subscribed to the PracticalEdTech.com newsletter receive a discount on registration.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
BoomWriter provides a fantastic tool for creating writing lessons.
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards and cartoon stories.
Versal is a great tool for building interactive online course components.
MidWest Teachers Institute offers online graduate courses for teachers.
PresentationTube provides a good way to use PowerPoint to create flipped lessons.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master’s degrees in Instructional Media.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is hosting host workshops in six cities in the U.S. in the summer.
SeeSaw is a great iPad app for creating digital portfolios.
PrepFactory offers free SAT & ACT prep for students.
This post originally appeared on Free Technology for Teachers if you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission.
- The Week In Review – The Most Popular Posts
- The Week in Review – The Most Popular Posts
- February’s Most Popular Posts on Free Technology for Teachers