Good morning from the FreeTech4Teachers.com world headquarters in sunny Woodstock, Maine where the thermometer currently reads -9F. In other words, it is a great morning to snowshoeing with my dogs. (They don’t wear snowshoes).
While I’m out snowshoeing my thoughts will surely wander to the next few weeks of conferences at which I will be presenting. This coming week I’ll be in North Carolina for #NCTIES15, the following week I’ll be in Sydney for the Future Schools Expo, and then I’ll be at ASCD’s annual conference in Houston. If you’re going to be at any of these events, please say hello.
Here are this week’s most popular posts:
1. 5 Browser-based Tools for Creating Audio Recordings
2. 5 Videos on Making Flipped Video Lessons
3. Google Launches YouTube Kids – An for Watching Family-Friendly Videos
4. Create a Word Cloud Within Your Google Documents
5. How Wind Chill Is Calculated
6. Google Classroom Now Lets You Customize Your Classroom Themes
7. 10 Good Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms Add-ons for Teachers
Registration is open for the spring and summer sections of my popular online courses Getting Going With GAFE and Blogs & Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders. Graduate credits are available for both courses. People who are subscribed to the PracticalEdTech.com newsletter receive a discount on registration.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
BoomWriter provides a fantastic tool for creating writing lessons.
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards and cartoon stories.
Versal is a great tool for building interactive online course components.
MidWest Teachers Institute offers online graduate courses for teachers.
PresentationTube provides a good way to use PowerPoint to create flipped lessons.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master’s degrees in Instructional Media.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is hosting host workshops in six cities in the U.S. in the summer.
SeeSaw is a great iPad app for creating digital portfolios.
This post originally appeared on Free Technology for Teachers
if you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission.
- The Week in Review – The Most Popular Posts
- The Week in Review – A Blizzard of Popular Posts
- How to Search for Old Newspaper Articles in the Google News Archive