As in past summers, in 2015 C-SPAN will bring a select group of middle school and high school social studies teachers to Washington, D.C. as C-SPAN Fellows. The C-SPAN Teacher Fellowship Program brings together teachers and media specialists for four weeks in Washington, D.C. every summer. During the four week program teachers work together to develop new teaching materials. Teachers selected for the program will receive an award valued at $7,000 (including lodging and travel costs). You can learn more and find the application here. Applications are due by February 20, 2015.
To be eligible for selection participants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- a member of C-SPAN Classroom
- a state certified middle or high school teacher of U.S. History, Civics, or Government, or related curriculum;
- or, a state certified middle or high school Media Specialist or Technology Coordinator
- highly knowledgeable about C-SPAN’s programming
- experienced with successfully integrating C-SPAN’s programming and resources into social studies curriculum
This post originally appeared on Free Technology for Teachers
if you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission.
- Thousands of Newspapers on a Google Map
- A Nice Set of Videos for Comparative Government Lessons
- C-SPAN’s New Student Documentary Contest